Valentine's Day Reggie Card concept




So a few months back I did a tiny inky sketch of Scott's dog Reggie in my sketchbook. Since then, I've gone back to that sketch again and again. I wanted to keep the integrity of the original ink drawing that I scanned from my sketchbook, but with a little watercolor here and there, I am currently working it into a new design for my Valentine's Day card.

From here, I decided that I wanted to make the concept for these cards "tiny" like the little conversation hearts that are so popular during the Valentine's Day season and present them in a variety of colors: pastel pink, blue, yellow and green, just like those little hearts. From all the die-cuts I created in my Christmas cards, I discovered that I have half a dozen of these square shaped scrap pieces lying around. The perfect size for my little Valentine cards.
blog comments powered by Disqus

Share this on Twitter!